Well Necessities -
My Blog

Breakfast Patties - GAPs, Paleo friendly, grain, gluten, dairy and egg free.

On a GAPs or Paleo diet I find the hardest meal to replace is breakfast.  Our "normal" breakfast foods like cereals, toast, pastries, muffins etc are so carbohydrate heavy.  Any replacements end up using loads of eggs, and whilst I am a fan of eggs I like some variation.  I am happy with a traditional english breakfast, but don't want this every day, plus finding nitrate free sausages and bacon is hard in the UK.  So I wanted some simple breakfasts I could make in advance and either heat up or put in the oven in the morning as we are getting ready.  The following recipes are for pork and  turkey patties and my kidswill have these with cucumber and some fruit like pineapple or apple pieces.  You could of course use beef or lamb but I find them heavy for breakfast and more suited to an evening meal.  I like mine with avacado and any left over roasted veg and some sauerkraut.  The pork and turkey patties freeze well raw or cooked.  If you had a sausage maker these would make great sausages.

Pork/Sausage Patties (makes 6 patties)

500g minced ideally organic free range pork
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dired or fresh sage
pinch of nutmeg (use mace for autoimmune protocol)

Turkey Patties (makes 6 patties)

500g minced free range turkey thigh
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika (sub out for autoimmune protocol)
1/4 tsp fresh or dried thyme

Instructions:

Mix the raw mice and spices/seasoning together in a bowl.  Use your hands to ensure they are mixed well.  Divide the mixure in to 4 or 6 (depending on how big you want your burgers/patties).  Form them into patties with your hands.  You can cook them now from fresh either by frying for about 15 minutes or baking in the oven at 200 degress ofr 25 mins.  If you want to freeze them raw, once you have formed them into patties, lay them on a tray (I use the lid from a plastic tupperware) and cover with a freezer bag.  Palce falt in the freezer for 4 hours or until hard.  Remove the tray and they keep in the bag for 3 months.  To cook from frozen heat in the oven on 200 degrees for 30 minutes, turning half way.

Enjoy with your own selection of veggies, fruit and dips like homemade ketchup, mayonaise or honey & mustard dip.

9 Comments to Breakfast Patties - GAPs, Paleo friendly, grain, gluten, dairy and egg free. :

Comments RSS
paper writing pro on 17 May 2018 10:59
One's nutrition and physical health is the most primary and important prospect of a human being. thank you for sharing this amazing post with us. it is very helpful
Reply to comment

Fake Watches on 24 May 2018 14:24
Reply to comment

val writing on 15 June 2018 13:17
I will show this post to my vegan friends. They will appreciate this info.
Reply to comment

scuba in cabo on 21 June 2018 11:44
O wao its so healthy breakfast.I love to have this all in my breakfast every morning.I am expert at cooking and I have noted the recipes,will try this.Thanks.
Reply to comment

boom essays on 20 July 2018 07:45
Tread mill device is so much crucial for the individuals who are related to this business or work. The statistics approximately tread mill system is written in essay writing style for the human beings to recognize its working inside the market. I often examine such articles for the expertise approximately such things which are accurate for me.
Reply to comment

peter on 16 August 2018 12:17
I really like to read this fantastic post! I read your blog and I think it is very informative for all people.Thanks for your great info. 4 part Police Forms
Reply to comment

James Hilton on 17 August 2018 10:41
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post. Perfect description you have provided thanks for sharing. Carbonless Forms
Reply to comment

Hostgator Black Friday 2018 Sale on 30 October 2018 13:14
I really like to read this kind of fantastic post. I read your blog and I think it is very informative for all people. Thanks for your great information. keep up posting.
Reply to comment

hair on 07 November 2018 10:12
vinci hair clinic london natural hair products websites lace wigs 16 inch clip in hair extensions balmain tape extensions real hair wigs faux bun with marley hair luxy hair dirty blonde human hair wigs uk wig shops london how long do strand by strand hair extensions last lace front wigs uk
Reply to comment